- Make sure everyone who has been working with the file has sync'd their updates to it.
- Go to the Q: drive and navigate out to the folder containing the "parent copy" of the Caseware file. Make a copy of the folder on your desktop in case of any problems.
- Show all hidden folders by going to Tools > Folder Options > View > Show Hidden Files (Windows XP) or Organize > Folder and Search Options > View > Show hidden files, folders, and drives
- Delete the _sync subfolder that appears once hidden files are visible.
- Try opening the file on your computer to verify that "Offline" isn't in the bottom right corner anymore.
Parent Caseware File displaying "Offline" in the bottom right corner of Caseware
This issue is caused by a user who has replaced the original parent copy with a sync'd copy from his/her local hard drive. It can be fixed by doing the following: